I'm not going to lie, I've always been a bit of a fan of apple crumble. Especially the crumble part! I'm still working on various ways to make the crumble, but I made this one recently and I was quite happy with how it turned out.
- 3 apples - I use the green ones if I have them
- 4 stalks rhubarb
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 100g butter, diced but kept chilled
- 1/2 cup GF plain flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees celcius.
2. Roughly chop the apples and rhubarb. I don't peel the apples, but you can if you like. You can also do the apples in slices if you prefer. I like the messy look!
3. Place in baking dish and sprinkle with cinnamon.
4. Place chilled butter in a bowl, and rub together with the flour and almond meal. This can take a bit of work but it's worth it in the end. I add the brown sugar last and then just rub it together a bit more.
5. Sprinkle crumble over apples and rhubarb.
6. Bake uncovered in over for 15-20 minutes or until crumble appears crunchy and apples are soft.