PLACE: our couch, under a blanket
HATING: sick days!
READING: quite a bit... spent all weekend curled up on the couch. Just finished Still at Birth by Caroline Sugden and highly recommend it to all my midwife friends (not the pregnant ones though!)
DRINKING: honey and lemon tea
EATING: soup mostly
LISTENING TO: pandora
PLANNING: wedding thank you cards
LOOKING FORWARD TO: Hawaii! 19 days to go!
ENJOYING: looking at our professional wedding photos - just got them back last week
MAIN GOAL: to get better before tomorrow's shift!
What are you currently doing?
Friday, July 10, 2015
I'm not going to lie, I've always been a bit of a fan of apple crumble. Especially the crumble part! I'm still working on various ways to make the crumble, but I made this one recently and I was quite happy with how it turned out.
- 3 apples - I use the green ones if I have them
- 4 stalks rhubarb
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 100g butter, diced but kept chilled
- 1/2 cup GF plain flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees celcius.
2. Roughly chop the apples and rhubarb. I don't peel the apples, but you can if you like. You can also do the apples in slices if you prefer. I like the messy look!
3. Place in baking dish and sprinkle with cinnamon.
4. Place chilled butter in a bowl, and rub together with the flour and almond meal. This can take a bit of work but it's worth it in the end. I add the brown sugar last and then just rub it together a bit more.
5. Sprinkle crumble over apples and rhubarb.
6. Bake uncovered in over for 15-20 minutes or until crumble appears crunchy and apples are soft.